Removal and Replacement Instructions
(steps 1-10 of 60)
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal (13mm wrench).
- Disconnect (2) hoses from the air intake tube and loosen the hose clamps on either end of the tube. Remove the intake tube and set it aside.
- Remove the throttle return spring (see picture below for location).
- Disconnect throttle cables (turn the ends and slide them out - no tools required).
- Remove the (2) bolts and (1) stud that secure the throttle bracket to the top of the throttle body and the intake.
- Remove (5) vacuum lines from the side and base of throttle body and remove the PCV valve and line (the PCV valve inserts into the top of the left - passenger side - valve cover).
- Disconnect the electrical connector that goes from the fuel rail to the sensor located on the throttle bracket (not sure what this sensor is/does but you need to disconnect it in order to remove the throttle bracket and later the fuel rail).
- Remove throttle bracket and set it aside.
- Disconnect the vacuum line on the fuel rail (front of intake).
- Disconnect (2) electrical connections from side of throttle body (one of them is the throttle position sensor (TPS) - the other one is the idle air control (IAC) valve).